General Purpose: The Closing Assistant is responsible to learn and coordinate all the steps of the loan closing in order to prepare documents for the funding stage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Closing Trainer to ensure file and documents meet company, investor and compliance requirements.
- Confirm that documents are drawn within posted turn times and consistently meet deadlines.
- Process minimum of 8 conventional/FHA/VA files per day during normal business operations. Adhere to fluctuating file processing minimums as set by management.
- Process files within a 1 hour average time-frame, subject to business needs.
- Complete quality, salable loans with minimal errors.
- Verify several aspects of the documentation and process including, but not limited to: property address, information on insurance policy, all fees, impound and MI. Ensure documents correspond to the correct program and investor.
- Coordinate and communicate with: processing department for correcting and completing the file, funding department for HUD approval, escrow department for document signing and post-closing team to ensure file is purchased and insured.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of entire loan life cycle in order to fully understand implication of the work of the closing function.
- Become proficient with the document management system.
- Accurately file documents and information in the system and ensure all information is complete and accurate. Use checklists and other job aides as necessary to accurately complete all required information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 1 year of mortgage experience.