Job: Loan Consultant - MSC
General Purpose: The Loan Consultant cultivates loan referrals through outside sales meetings with builders, realtors, and consumers. Examines, evaluates, and documents customer applications for credit approval on real estate loans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spend a minimum of 50% of working hours outside the office to conduct sales calls to create, develop and maintain referral relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and consumers.
- Analyze potential marketing opportunities to develop future business opportunities.,
- Communicate positively and professionally with operations staff throughout the process of the loan to ensure a smooth closing.
- Engage in managing the loan pipeline with all team members to meet company efficiency standards.
- Meet with borrowers to determine best loan program for individual needs after analyzing income, assets, credit, and property.
- Collect all required documentation from borrowers and convert to paperless documents.
- Prepare and submit loan submission sheet to set up.
- Read and understand rate sheets, product codes, loan level price adjustments in order to calculate rates and fees.
- Negotiate and confirm rates, fees, and lock terms with customer.
- Lock loans in the system with agreed upon terms and manage locked pipeline through the funding.
- Communicate regularly with borrowers to meet desired expectations.
- Maintain minimum productivity goals.
- Comply with organizational standards, polices, and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1 -3 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- NMLS loan originator license required.
- Continuing education classes required by licensing authority
- Continuing training classes required by the company to meet CFPB requirements
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online